Friday 8 March 2013

3-2-1... Go!


Today marks a momentous occasion. Today, I signed up for the Race for Life 2013. In case you don't know, it's a 5km race that is held every year to raise funds for Cancer Research UK. It's a cause very close to my heart, and I'm ecstatic that my exams don't clash, and I'm able to take part.

I did the Race for Life a couple of years back, and took part in the Inverness event. This year, I'm taking on Glasgow. I've been good, too. I've been sticking to a jogging routine with my friend Becca, and we haven't missed a day since we started last Sunday. I always feel very metropolitan jogging round the Green, surrounded by the dog walkers. It's like the movies.


Only I'm pretty sure no one in the movies finishes their run with a face like a beetroot and legs that feel like sacks of potatoes...




But even when I'm puffing and spluttering, it makes me feel so good to know that ultimately it will all make a difference.  Six years ago I lost my Granny to cancer. It was a truly horrible experience, and one of the best ways, I think, to get past all the hurt is to get your trainers on, top it off with a pair of fairy wings, and get together with a huge crowd of people who want to make as much of a difference as you do.


Since I get a crazy amount of views on this blog, I've decided to use it to try and raise more money. Here's the link to my fundraising page:


CLICK HERE. RIGHT NOW.


But also, something a bit more enticing: I want to hear from you, anyone who reads this, to get ideas as to how to raise as much as possible. My thoughts were to try and document my training shenanigans, possibly some silly get togethers, and hopefully a lot of fun.


It's difficult to express how much this would mean, and it only takes a couple of minutes of your day.


So dig deep and get brainstorming!


No comments:

Post a Comment